[LLVMdev] llvm-link deprecated in favor of gold plugin?

Teresa Johnson tejohnson at google.com
Tue Feb 10 09:09:03 PST 2015

I don't recall hitting that but I am using a modified version of
llvm-lto and the linking code to work on an LTO-related prototype (I
find llvm-lto is easier than using the linker plugin for testing). My
source code bits are also a little stale though.

But llvm-lto is generally just a wrapper around the code that does the
linking, which is shared with the gold plugin, and is where that
assert comes from. So I am not sure why it would give an error like
that assuming these are the same bitcode files you can successfully
feed into an LTO link using gold.

Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | tejohnson at google.com | 408-460-2413