[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Chris Bieneman beanz at apple.com
Mon Feb 9 11:43:08 PST 2015

I’m not too familiar with Ubuntu’s LTS releases, but from some google digging I believe there are 3 active LTS releases.

10.04 has CMake 2.8.0 (which is already below our minimum), but 10.04 will be dropping out of LTS this year.
12.04 has CMake 2.8.7 (also below our minimum)
14.04 has CMake 2.8.12.2, which should also have the fix for MSVC

Based on this, it might be reasonable to update the minimum to 2.8.12.2 instead of 3.0.0.

Thoughts?
-Chris