[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Chris Bieneman beanz at apple.com
Mon Feb 9 11:12:18 PST 2015

It came up on another thread that our current minimum required CMake version 2.8.8, has some bugs that cause issues when building with MSVC + Ninja, and one potential solution was to raise the minimum required version of CMake.

CMake 3.0 is now 6 months old and CMake 3.1 has been released. I would like to propose moving our minimum required CMake version to 3.0.

I’ve attached patches to enforce the change in case anyone wants to test it out.

Thoughts/comments/concerns/objections?

-Chris