[LLVMdev] Compiling via bitcode on Windows

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Tue Feb 3 12:26:11 PST 2015

On 02/02/2015 10:30 AM, Russell Wallace wrote:
> I'm trying to use Clang on Windows to compile C++ to bitcode and then
> to an executable (with a view to carrying out some experiments on
> whole program optimization of the bitcode).
If you don't need to use Microsoft back end stuff, I've had good luck
with using mingw-64 headers and libraries with clang/LLVM to compile for
Windows. I've even used it to compile itself for Windows. clang/LLVM,
binutils, and gdb all build just fine. A side benefit is that you can
also compile for various Linux targets using the same tool chain on
Windows. Binary downloads for both 32 and 64 bit Windows systems and
various Linux hosts are available from
http://ellcc.org/blog/?page_id=20295 The downloads include pre-built
libraries for all the target systems.

-Rich