[LLVMdev] unwind's permanent residence

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Tue Feb 3 07:31:12 PST 2015

On 1/30/15 2:03 PM, Nico Weber wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Nick Kledzik <kledzik at apple.com
> <mailto:kledzik at apple.com>> wrote:
>
>     I thought the ARM EHABI added a twist to this because it created
>     some upward dependency from the unwinder to libc++abi.
ARM EHABI does have this upward dependency on the private type-infos for
matching catch descriptors. Our implementation of EHABI doesn't really
implement this part of the spec (See ARM EHABI, section #9.2 [1]). IIRC,
we get away with that because clang/llvm doesn't code that needs them.
(yet?)

Jon

>     Other than that, I don’t have any strong feeling where it lives.
>

> +1 to this. If you don't break the EHABI unwinder while moving things
> around, I'm happy.
>
> +Dan, he probably has an opinion on this topic.
>

>     -Nick

[1]:
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0038a/IHI0038A_ehabi.pdf

--