[llvm-dev] Unusual file size for libs

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 30 08:05:35 PST 2015

Hello,

I am building llvm and clang with following options -*DLIBCLANG_BUILD_STATIC=ON
-DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.10 -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=`xcrun
--show-sdk-path` *
Here I want to use libclang with OS X application and minimum deployment
target for my app is 10.10 . But this build command generates around 7 GB
of libs. This is unusual. For example normal build will generate
libLLVMCodeGen.a of size 4 MB but with above mentioned Cmake option it
generates 25 MB . Is it due to I am building on 10.11 OS X and minimum
required target is set to 10.10 ?
Please explain .

Sincerely,
*Vivek Pandya*