[llvm-dev] r250501 adds dependancy to ole32.dll on MSVC

Jakob Bornecrantz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 23 08:29:57 PST 2015

I'm building on Windows x64 using cmake, Ninja and VS 2013 express on Windows 7.

So I have been using the LLVMSharp method on getting a usable loadable
LLVM.dll[1][2].

This have worked out of the box before so it is a regression, I
tracked it down to commit r250501.

That commit breaks this commit, other users have also run into this
specific problem[3][4]. I tried looking into the CMakeLists.txt for
LLVMSupport.lib and add ole32 as a dependency for it, but that didn't
seem to stick. My cmake-fu is too weak. IIRC windows lib files can
track library dependencies so that should work.

I check llvm-config.exe and it does not printout ole32.lib when given
the --system-libs flag or --ldflags argument.

Carrying around a hack to add ole32.lib to the discrepancies will work
for me but that will just mean more users will run into it.

Any advice on how to proceed is greatly welcome, thanks.

Cheers, Jakob.

[1] http://www.llvmsharp.org/
[2] https://github.com/mjsabby/LLVMSharp/blob/master/GenLLVMDLL.ps1
[3] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33685644/missing-cotaskmemfree-when-building-llvm-example-on-windows