[llvm-dev] Question about __builtin_assume()

Mark Schimmel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 22 14:34:41 PST 2015

void test_copy_vec(const short* restrict src, short* restrict res, int N) {
 __builtin_assume( (N > 1) && (N%2 == 0) );
  #pragma clang loop vectorize(enable) vectorize_width(2) interleave_count(1)
  for (int j=0; j<N; ++j)
    *res++ = *src++;
}

If I use __builtin_assume(N>1) then llvm knows the loop will execute and not check for (j <= 0), but I can't seem to get it to accept N is even. Is there a way to get llvm to vectorize the loop and not generate the additional scalar loop conditions?