[llvm-dev] Switch to use cmake on buildbot fails, ninja version at fault

Bill Seurer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 18 14:20:48 PST 2015

Just a heads up in case any other buildbot maintainers are looking to
switch to use cmake on their bots...

I switched one of the powerpc64 buildbots to use cmake and the runs
failed with a really strange error (it couldn't figure out the size of
pointers).  After a lot of experimenting I finally figured out that the
problem was with ninja.  The source files that were being used to figure
out system settings were weird gibberish instead of actual program text.

I built and installed a new version of ninja (1.6) to replace the system
one (v1.5.8.1) and now everything works.
--

-Bill Seurer