[llvm-dev] Build libLTO.a instead of libLTO.dylib with Cmake

Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 14 16:28:32 PST 2015

For libLTO we don’t build a static archive because the use case for libLTO is pretty specific, and there is virtually no code that is in libLTO and not in the LLVM static libraries. If there is code that is libLTO specific that you want to link into a static archive I think there is a better case for moving that code into libLLVMLTO rather than supporting making libLTO static.

-Chris