[llvm-dev] trouble hoisting GlobalValues

Ansari, Zia via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 14 09:55:14 PST 2015

+1

As Hal mentioned, ConstantHoisting.cpp should be able to do this fine for global values. You just need to be careful because I found that the CG needs a little work to make sure that the extra global register pressure doesn't cause any issues.

For local values, if you don't have it, check out my patch : http://reviews.llvm.org/D11363

This will run at ISEL/DAG with the intent of being more precise in the cases that it targets/catches, and to run at a point where more opportunities are exposed. It was worth a fair bit of code size (over 1% on spec2000), and can be extended to catch more cases, if need be.

Thanks,
Zia.