[llvm-dev] Field sensitive alias analysis?

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 10 14:44:04 PST 2015

Danny's description matches my understanding of inbounds as well. In
generally, the LLVM type (particular first class aggregates) has
essentially no meaning.  Our operations are typed, our operands
generally are not.  The only real exception to that is that we have a
strong distinction between pointers (due to address spaces) and
everything else.

Philip