[llvm-dev] Allowing virtual registers after register allocation

Derek Schuff via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 10 10:49:00 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM Quentin Colombet <qcolombet at apple.com>
wrote:

> I am tempted to think no, we don’t, but I don’t know the use cases.
> What post-RA passes with want to run with virtual regs?
>
> The immediate one that precipitated this mail was PrologEpilogInserter.
However currently the only other pass we have disabled in
WebAssemblyTargetMachine is MachineCopyPropagation.
Several passes (post-RA MachineLICM, StackSlotColoring) already only run if
RA runs.
Everything else is running today. Currently that's ShrinkWrap,
BranchFolder, ExpandPostRAPseudos, PostRAScheduler, GCMachineCodeAnalysis,
MachineBlockPlacement, FuncletLayout, and StackMapLiveness. All of these
run after our register coloring pass.