[llvm-dev] Aligned vector spills and variably sized stack frames

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 16:23:38 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

I suspect that implementing this would not be too difficult. There are essentially two things that need to be changed:

 1. Change the code in X86InstrInfo::storeRegToStackSlot / X86InstrInfo::loadRegFromStackSlot to do the right thing for underaligned stack slots (or, in general, under the control of some target feature, option, etc.) [specifically, you need to change the code in those functions to pass false to the isStackAligned parameter of getStoreRegOpcode and getLoadRegOpcode].

 2. The alignment necessary for register spills is generically specified in the target's *RegisterInfo.td file.(it's the third parameter of the RegisterClass TableGen type). You'd need to specify a way to override that based on some target feature, option, etc. if one does not already exist.

 -Hal

> Philip

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist