[llvm-dev] preserve registers across function call

Xiaochu Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 26 17:52:27 PDT 2015

Dear there,

I was wondering how to preserve registers (caller saved) across calls. I
implemented getCalleeSavedRegs and getCallPreservedMask. But the
non-callee-saved registers are still not saved by caller. I want to spill
these registers in use on stack right before the call. From my
understanding, the register allocator in llvm will do the spill and
restoring automatically? Is there anything I was supposed to do to make it
happen?

Thanks,
Xiaochu