[llvm-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-native-arm-cortex-a9

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 26 09:54:06 PDT 2015

On 26 August 2015 at 17:51, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:
> I am not a big fan of this, as switching bots between experimental and
> production would then require restarting buildslaves
> and pushing them to a different bot. Also, it will be impossible to run both
> an experimental and a production builder on the
> same slave.

Not true. I do that all the time.

If we have the bot registered on both experimental and production
masters, it's up to the bot to connect to A or B. It's a simple line
comment and a slave restart.

The context is kept on the master, but all files on the slave, so
moving a green slave from experimental to production means it will be
green.

This is a good example:

http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-aarch64-quick

cheers,