[llvm-dev] GPL Software

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 25 11:39:23 PDT 2015

On 25 August 2015 at 11:10, jacob navia via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I have solved the problem myself by "disassembling" the messy source code
> available.

I'm also interested in knowing what you did. I think most people here
would be glad to know your peril and how you solved it.

> SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY
> SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

That's a good thing. At least you could see the source, investigate,
find our the problem and learn how it works without paying a cent. If
you'd rather pay to get other people to fix your bugs, you should find
non-open source programs.

> It took me weeks of hard work to figure out what anyone here
> could have aanswered in a few minutes.

You seriously overestimate our abilities. We just work here.

cheers,
--renato