[llvm-dev] [RFC] Improving integer divide optimization (related to D12082)

Kuperstein, Michael M via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 23 00:34:22 PDT 2015

The way I understand -Os is “don’t increase size unless there’s a clear and significant performance gain” – that is, much less aggressive in terms of code size than the definition you gave below.
I’m not advocating this point of view, mind you, it’s just that this has been my understanding.

Since leaving the div as-is can be very expensive compared to the alternative sequence, I thought -Oz was the safe way to go with this.