[llvm-dev] TSAN hack on AArch64 for Android

Dmitry Vyukov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 19 03:29:07 PDT 2015

Wait, this change is not submitted yet, right? Or you mean mailing of
this change in bad shape?

I consider this change as work-in-progress where author is looking for
feedback on his ongoing progress. I guess the change description
should have been spelled this very explicitly.
This change definitely needs more work to be submitted, splitting into
smaller patches with a plan for submission order, refactoring,
cleanup, etc. That is no question.
As for the design, there is not much to design upfront, as you
discover most of the issue only when you hit them (I would not foresee
them). Also, most of the changes in the patch are just spot fixes
(e.g. if a struct definition is different on the new platform, you
just need to provide a correct definition), there is nothing to design
there.

Regarding the tls, whether we call it "emulation" or not, I believe we
can do it a very neat and laconic form.

Refactoring of tsan per-thread structures in preparation for the
"emulation" should go in independently. Agree.
Aarch64 support is already submitted to tsan as far as I see.