[llvm-dev] complexity of "mem2reg"?

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 17 12:24:53 PDT 2015

It should be linear per-alloca, which will make it quadtraic overall.

It could be made linear overall by reusing info or not pruning (but
we'd have to do bitvector dataflow for computing live-in blocks, etc),
but it's trickier.

There was also a recent bug discovered in the linear time IDF
computation used to place phi nodes that made it quadratic in some
cases. This has been made linear again, and testcases added to show it
is linear :)

If you have cases where it is slow, that would be interesting to see.