[llvm-dev] Any objections to moving ObjCARC analysis passes to llvm/Analysis?

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 13 20:53:57 PDT 2015

Currently these leave in lib/Transforms/ObjCARC even though they are
analysis passes. This seems confusing and odd. In particular,
Analysis/Passes.h talks about ObjCARCAliasAnalysis. =/

I'd like to just move the analysis headers to live under
include/llvm/Analysis and the source under lib/Analysis. This will preclude
omitting the ObjC ARC analysis passes from your build of LLVM if you don't
care about them, but considering the number of dead-by-default passes in
LLVM, this really doesn't seem like a significant concern. It also
separates the language-specific bits a bit, but I'd rather have things
correctly grouped by analysis and transform.

If folks are seriously concerned about this, I could alternatively create
an ObjCARC directory under Analysis, but that really seems like overkill. I
think the name prefix is probably enough to distinguish things.

Thoughts?
-Chandler