[llvm-dev] SmallString + raw_svector_ostream combination should be more efficient

Yaron Keren via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 13 07:03:51 PDT 2015

Ok, one more issue. I've removed the no-op resync() method and now getting
rid of numerous raw_ostream::flush() calls. These were required before but
now will never do anything but will waste runtime discovering that.
To find raw_svector_ostream::flush() calls speficially I locally shadowed
raw_ostream:flush() with a deleted flush():

class raw_svector_ostream {
public:
  void flush() = delete;
};

so any direct use of raw_svector_ostream::flush() fails compilation.
Calling raw_ostream:flush() itself would never reach the deleted function
as it's not virtual, it will continue to function as before.

To explicitly prevent calling raw_svector_ostream::flush(), is that a good
solution to commit?