[llvm-dev] [RFC] BasicAA considers address spaces?

Jingyue Wu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 12 12:00:04 PDT 2015

I was lost from the thread at some point.

Making the interface more general sounds good to me. This helps to solve
Escha's concern that targets can know more about aliasing than just
comparing address spaces.

If there are no objections, I'll
1) add a new interface to TTI such as isTriviallyDisjoint. It returns false
by default.
2) create a new AA that checks this interface, and add it to the AA chain.
It could be named TargetAwareAliasAnalysis.

Jingyue