[LLVMdev] libiomp, not libgomp as default library linked with -fopenmp

John Leidel (jleidel) jleidel at micron.com
Thu Apr 30 08:10:31 PDT 2015

I definitely support Andrey’s proposal to move the default to libiomp.  Outside of the known ports for x86, ARM and PowerPC, I’m aware of at least one other port in progress.  More will likely follow.

Per Hal’s notes, given the forthcoming commits of the CMake build system, flipping the default to libiomp may help spur/accelerate the progress of porting the runtime to new platforms (especially those that are already supported as LLVM backends).

--John D. Leidel