[LLVMdev] AArch64 bot unstable

Teresa Johnson tejohnson at google.com
Wed Apr 29 06:31:04 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 6:27 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 29 April 2015 at 14:16, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com> wrote:
>> Two of the compiler-rt/profile tests I added are checking for similar
>> behavior with resetting the filename to the default. I wonder if they
>> are running in parallel and clobbering each other since the profile
>> output names are not unique after the reset.
>
> Hi Teresa,
>
> This would explain the intermittent failures. Maybe making the names
> unique would fix the issues, would that be an easy change?

After thinking about it I believe this is what is most likely
happening, and that these two new tests I added will need to be
reverted:

    compiler-rt/trunk/test/profile/instrprof-override-filename-then-reset-default.c
    compiler-rt/trunk/test/profile/instrprof-set-filename-then-reset-default.c

since they aren't writing to unique output names. These are 2 of the 4
tests added in r236056 (the other two are fine).

They can't be changed to write to a unique name since those tests were
specifically testing that the profile output name gets reset to the
default when null is passed to the profile filename setting
interfaces. The other profile tests use unique names.

Since I don't have write access yet, can someone revert those two files for me?

Thanks,
Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | tejohnson at google.com | 408-460-2413