[LLVMdev] How to compile a simple C program with clang on Windows 8.1?

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Sun Apr 26 06:07:34 PDT 2015

On 04/26/2015 02:50 AM, Unga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need a small help to get my first C program to compile on Widows
> 8.1. I'm an Unix guy but new to Windows.
[snip]

Hi Unga,

I can't help you with Visual Studio since I've never used it, but I
would like to suggest that you try out ELLCC. ELLCC is a tool chain
based on clang/LLVM that can target Windows as well as several Linux
based systems. The binary downloads have all the stuff you need to
build: C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, and pre-built libraries.

Here's an example of "hello world" under Windows 8.1:
http://ellcc.org/blog/?p=23650

Follow the links to the download page to get to the binary downloads.
You can also get the full source and build it yourself if you're so
inclined.

-Rich