[LLVMdev] what is the Line number of Phi Node with addr2line

Eric Lu eirc.lew at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 22:10:49 PDT 2015

Hi, Daniel

I want to profile load/store operations, in order to reduce the overhead of
profiling, I try to instrument the optimized llvm ir, which has phi nodes.

BTW, when the value of some load/store operations may have multi-source,
then the load will be translated into phi nodes, and all phi nodes are
placed in the front of BB. Sometimes, the position is not where the load
happens, is there any way to figure out where the load should be placed?(
If the phi node translated back to load operations)

Best Regards!
Eric Lew