[LLVMdev] [lld] Linker cannot handle sections with non-unique names

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:20:14 PDT 2015

On 20 April 2015 at 10:59, Shankar Easwaram <shankarke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I plan to add a test case but couldn't add because of yaml2obj support. I am adding that support to yaml2obj and obj2yaml and push this patch later. I don't like the idea of adding binary files to the test repo as we need to keep cleaning up later.

IMHO checking in a binary would actually be better.

Binaries are the input to the linker. What is desired in here is to
test that lld can work with a binary produced by a current clang. That
should still be the case in 1 year, even if what clang is producing is
different. Using yaml2obj just makes that connection more tenuous.

Cheers,
Rafael