[LLVMdev] bytecode stripping from clang -emit-llvm

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 17:09:40 PDT 2015

It's probably not VM related, but non-asserts builds of LLVM don't
produce named values. It's only the +Asserts builds of LLVM that
produce value (& block, I guess) names.

This is an optimization to avoid the extra work when we're just doing
the actual work of compiling anyway.

It'd be best to build your tool to not rely on these names.