[LLVMdev] Record does not have a field named `SoftFail'

Daniel Dilts diltsman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:59:28 PDT 2015

In attempting to write a backend I copied the Sparc backend and have been
busy modifying it for my target processor.

I have a single instruction (early work in progress) and I am getting the
following error from tablegen:

6>  Building XXXXGenRegisterInfo.inc...
6>  Building XXXXGenInstrInfo.inc...
6>  Building XXXXGenDisassemblerTables.inc...
6>  Included from D:/llvm/lib/Target/XXXX/XXXX.td:25:
6>  D:/llvm/lib/Target/XXXX\XXXXInstrInfo.td:23:1: error: Record `INSTR'
does not have a field named `SoftFail'!
6>
6>  def INSTR : MyInstrClass;
6>  ^
6>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(170,5):
error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.

I have searched the directory that all of my code is in and I cannot find
the string SoftFail in any file.  I also don't see a reference to it in the
"Writing an LLVM Backend" page.

How would I deal with this error?  If SoftFail is a required field, where
is the documentation on it?