[LLVMdev] [RuntimeDyld] Heads up non-X86 RuntimeDyldELF users

Keno Fischer kfischer at college.Harvard.edu
Wed Apr 15 17:01:58 PDT 2015

This is a heads up for those of you using RuntimeDyldELF (directly or
indirectly through e.g. MCJIT) on targets other than X86.
I have just committed http://reviews.llvm.org/rL235060.

This commit changes the way that relocations work internally
on a number of platforms with the goal of allowing us to free the
unrelocated object file earlier. It should not in general change the
observed
behavior.

I have tested this on X86. Other platforms represent my best understanding
of how those relocations should work, but I may have missed something
because
I do not have access to those platforms. If you're using RuntimeDyldELF and
are seeing failures after the above commit, please let us know so we can
get them sorted out.

We will keep the current ugly workarounds in place for a couple of days, so
this commit
can be reverted if it breaks the bots.

Keno