[LLVMdev] How to do bitcast for double to <2 x double>

zhi chen zchenhn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:57:55 PDT 2015

What I want to do is to change the pInst from : 2%= load double* %1, align
8 to 2% = load < 2 x double>* %1, align 16, where <2 x double> should be
two double identical double values that is same as the one in the previous
instruction

Instruction* ScalarToVectorLoad(Instruction* pInst) {
  Value *loadValue = pInst->getOperand(0);
  Instruction *newLoad;   //this one should be 2% = load < 2 x double>* %1

  BitCastInst *scalarToVector = new BitCastInst(loadValue,
VectorType::get(Type::getDoubleTy(currF->getContext()), 2),
"vectorizedLoad", pInst);
  newLoad = new LoadInst(); //to be implemented...
  return newLoad;
}