[LLVMdev] PDB support in LLVM

Rohan Bajaj rohanbajaj84 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:42:42 PDT 2015

Is making PDB files for corresponding IR supported in LLVM latest version?

After some searching I see llvm-pdbdump, but I want to annotate the IR with
debug information so that when I write bitcode it has pdb information.

I've heard of CodeView, but it seems to be only for line information. I
want variable values also.

I would be ok to use DWARF if Visual Studio could understand it using LLDB
but I don't know how to do that or if it is support.

I would also be ok to write DWARF and then convert to PDB if such is
possible.

How can I achieve this?