[LLVMdev] LLVM_ENABLE_THREADING=ON by default in Windows, is this right?

David Bakin davidbak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:06:29 PDT 2015

I'm not sure what LLVM_ENABLE_THREADS impacts - whether it is LLVM
executables themselves or LLVM-generated code - but it seems to be on by
default on the Windows CMake build (I'm building LLVM+Clang at trunk head
using CMake/Visual Studio 2013 Win64).

But 3 unit tests in IR, which are compiled only if define
LLVM_ENABLE_THREADS is set, fail if LLVM_ENABLE_THEADS=ON:
ValueMapTest/{0,1,2}.LocksMutex.

Should LLVM_ENABLE_THREADS be OFF for the Windows Visual Studio builds?  Or
something else?  Should something about this switch be documented at the
"Building LLVM With CMake" page, e.g., here
http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html#llvm-specific-variables ?

Thanks -- David