[LLVMdev] Windows Installer

Eric Mader emader at gmx.us
Tue Sep 30 13:00:08 PDT 2014

Hi Hans,

Answers inline below.

Regards,
Eric

On 9/30/14, 8:05 AM, Hans Wennborg wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Eric Mader <emader at gmx.us> wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I think installer.bat found my visual Studio installation because it
>> installed the Win32 toolsets but not the x64 ones. (It took me a while to
>> work this out ;-) I installed the x64 toolsets by hand and they seem to
>> work.
> Hmm, that's interesting. Is your x64 toolset path different besides
> substituting the Win32 dir with x64?
They're the same except for Win32 / x64.
> Could you share the output from install.bat with "@echo off" removed?
>
> I hadn't tried the desktop icon option in a while, and now it seems to
> fail on my machine too. I'll try to figure out what's going on.
I looked at the script some more. It seems that it only loops back to
try x64 if VS 2014 is installed - i.e. at the end of the :Found_V140
section it does:
   set SUCCESS = 1
   GOTO START

Since I don't have VS 2014 installed, :TRY_V140 falls through to
:LOOPEND which does:
   Set SUCCESS = 1
   GOTO DONE

I added:
   set SUCCESS = 1
   GOTO START

at the end of :TRY_V140 and now the script installs the x64 toolsets too.