[LLVMdev] Please benchmark new x86 vector shuffle lowering, planning to make it the default very soon!

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Sep 29 22:47:33 PDT 2014

Awesome. I'll send a new email to the list shortly as a heads-up and then
start switching the default over.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Quentin Colombet <qcolombet at apple.com>
wrote:

> Just keep the old path until we are done with the triage of regressions.

Sure, as soon as you're done triaging, let me know. I'm eager to delete
several thousand lines of code to make up for adding so much. =]

> Indeed, with r218454, I am seeing few regressions (working on test cases),
> but I do not think those should hold up on your big refactoring.

Excellent. I would recommend filing PRs with remaining test cases so that
others can also take a look.

Also, I know you mentioned seeing some AVX failures. There was indeed a bad
patch of mine (r218600) which I've reverted. Hope that fixes things.