[LLVMdev] Aggregate store/load optimization

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon Sep 29 09:58:36 PDT 2014

I think in general, yes, this is probably the right way to optimize
aggregate loads and stores. Most people agree that it is more canonical to
use scalar loads and stores, so it's reasonable to transform one to the
other.

I'm not sure SROA is the right place to handle this, though. I believe it
only operates on structures allocated on the stack. If you want to load and
store to the heap, you'll need a different pass.