Vadim Chugunov vadimcn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:52:23 PDT 2014

This might be a better question for mingw devs, but apparently these days
GCC itself needs threads for something, and may be built on top of either
win32 or posix threads.

Vadim

PS: I did some more testing, and it looks like when parallel code
generation is actually used (4 threads), the difference becomes >20%.