[LLVMdev] [lld] A primitive program linked by lld core dumps

Oleg Ranevskyy llvm.mail.list at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 06:24:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've encountered a newly introduced bug in lld today.

I am building my program with clang and lld on an X86-64 Ubuntu Linux
machine.
Command line:
     clang main.c

The compiled program invokes the "main" function multiple times until it
closes with a segmentation fault.
This affects even the most primitive programs like "int main() { return
0; }".

The problem was introduced at the revision 218259 - [ELF] Fix linking
when a regular object defines a symbol that is used in a DSO.

Would you be able to take a look at this please?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Oleg