[LLVMdev] [patch] EXPORTED_SYMBOL_FILE using mingw and cmake

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Mon Sep 22 05:40:23 PDT 2014

Our exchange on the zlib thread reminded me, that we didn't finish the EXPORT_SYMBOL_FILE patch before my vacation.
Here is my newest version, which mentions the bug and always uses string(REPLACE)

--
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer, MSc
Wiss. Mitarbeiter - Interactive Engineering Technologies (IET)

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-606  |  Fax +49 6151 155-139
johannes.mueller-roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Liew [mailto:dan at su-root.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 21:31
To: Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian
Cc: llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] [patch] EXPORTED_SYMBOL_FILE using mingw and cmake

On 23 July 2014 19:45, Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian <Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> The new patch works fine, but considering the discussion on the CMake bug tracker, I'm would say that TO_NATIVE_PATH shouldn't be used at all.

I'm happy either way. A patch using string(REPLACE ...) instead for all cases I think would be fine provided it has a comment saying something like...

# Don't use file(TO_NATIVE_PATH ...) it doesn't work correctly when generating MingW Makefiles string(REPLACE / \\ export_file_backslashes "${export_file}")

so that someone doesn't try and start using file(TO_NATIVE_PATH ...) again at some point. It would also be cleaner I guess.