[LLVMdev] proposal to avoid zlib dependency.

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 10:01:18 PDT 2014

> I would much rather have consistent and predictable behavior by using the
> bundled source code on every platform.

That makes sense. Do you plan to make the switch soon? If so there is
probably no point reviewing/committing the patch that I and Johannes
were working because it would have to be removed for integration of
miniz. That's assuming you don't want to provide an option to use the
system libz library.

This probably isn't a great idea though, the only use I can see is
benchmarking libz Vs miniz which is quite a small use case which I
don't think justifies over complicating the code.