[LLVMdev] noalias and alias.scope metadata producers

Johannes Doerfert doerfert at cs.uni-saarland.de
Fri Sep 19 18:34:19 PDT 2014

Hey Samuel,

I'm not sure if this is interesting for you but maybe it is:

Polly can emit these metadata for loop nests we can analyze. It is based
on runtime alias checks, thus versioning. We are currently fixing the bugs
in the runtime alias check generation we merged yesterday but after that
(or if you like earlier) I can submit the annotation patch for review.
Some limited tests on polybench benchmarks (e.g., 3mm) without any polyhedral
optimizations, thus only parallel and noalias annotations, showed up to
20% improvement.

Best regards,
  Johannes