[LLVMdev] codeview debug info in Visual Studio

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon Sep 15 09:30:13 PDT 2014

+Timur

Hm, this didn't work out of the box for me.

Make sure the debug info format is set to one of /Zi or /Z7. /ZI (capital
'i') is ignored, but it looks like it's the default. We may wish to revisit
that. You can find that setting in project -> properties -> C/C++ -> debug
information format.

Once I did that, I got symbols, but no line info. The source language was
listed as "unknown", so we may need to do a thing or two to make VS happy.