[LLVMdev] poison and select

Duncan Sands duncan.sands at deepbluecap.com
Fri Sep 12 00:45:34 PDT 2014

Hi John,

On 12/09/14 04:17, John Regehr wrote:
>> Poison is a flawed concept. I proved it was flawed back in 2011 [0]
>
> Nice. My colleagues and I will dig through this material and possibly come back
> with some ideas. We're going to need some sort of semantics for UB in LLVM since
> otherwise these formal-methods-based tools like Souper and Alive risk not making
> sense.

it's great to see this back and forth between the formal tools and the language
reference.  The IR docs are primarily aimed at humans, but if ambiguities and
problems spotted by the formal tools can be cleared up there without making the
lang ref unreadable then that would be a win for everyone.

Ciao, Duncan.