[LLVMdev] Machine Code for different architectures

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Tue Sep 9 05:20:15 PDT 2014

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for this - particularly the tip about cfe-dev. I'm currently
trying to coerce lldb to debug these type of architectures (our
current toolchain already outputs good dwarf info). However, I'm
struggling since lldb has just assumes that the size of a byte is
universally 8-bits. At some stage, I *think* at some stage we'd like to
derive a compiler, from the "same code-base" (i.e. llvm) and I
wondered how tricky this would be.

Matt