[LLVMdev] [Compiler-RT] [ARM] Where __aeabi_[il]div0 builtins should be implemented?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat Sep 6 11:52:47 PDT 2014

On 6 September 2014 19:39, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> wrote:
> One issue is that they depend on OS-specific functionality.
> E.g. the ability to raise a signal. That's primarily why I didn't add an
> implementation.

According to the EABI, you can either return the argument, a specified
integer or raise a signal, so its behaviour could be OS-specific.

The current behaviour is to return 0, which is fine for most purposes,
and would work on *any* OS. We could expand the idiv0 later, based on
OS, but for now we should have the symbols defined.

cheers,
--renato