[LLVMdev] [Compiler-RT] [ARM] Where __aeabi_[il]div0 builtins should be implemented?

Sergey Dmitrouk sdmitrouk at accesssoftek.com
Sat Sep 6 01:43:03 PDT 2014

> Looks as though whomever implemented the call to __aeabi_idiv0 wanted
> to be conservative for non EABI targets.

How could it prevent him from providing default implementation of
__aeabi_idiv0() for EABI targets?

> AFAIK, gnueabi targets recognize all EABI functions, so that should
> work well.

Not sure I understand you, nothing in compiler-rt defines these
functions, they are left unresolved on gnueabit target for me.

> But I don't know about BSD, Darwin and other targets, how
> they would behave if we assumed those functions were always there.

We do assume they are always there for all EABI targets at the moment.
I'm wondering why it is so.  Is it left to be implemented in standard
library or something similar?

Thanks,
Sergey