[LLVMdev] Enabling SPIR target in LLVM 3.3

Rahul Garg rahulgarg44 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:21:48 PDT 2014

Hi.

I am looking into generating SPIR from within a JIT compiler for a
high level language using LLVM C++ API. The first step is to of course
build LLVM with SPIR backend support and I am currently using LLVM
3.3.

For reference, the host system is a x86-64 Linux. I first tried
building LLVM 3.3 without specifying any targets, and it built many
targets including aarch64, arm, x86, x86_64, nvptx etc but no spir or
spir64 targets.

Next, I tried to explicitly configure targets as follows:
--enable-targets=x86_64,spir,spir64 but I got "unrecognized target
spir".

Any idea how to proceed? Do I need to apply some patches to LLVM?

(Note that Clang is not involved, this is purely a LLVM question).

rahul