[LLVMdev] '___ltsf2' could not be resolved - iOS/ARM cross compile

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 05:11:35 PDT 2014

On 5 September 2014 12:32, mondi <mondi at dyskinetic.com> wrote:
> I’m building llvm for my iOS devices, and all seems to work well, until I try to execute the results:
>
> LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '___ltsf2' which could not be resolved!

That's the software floating-point less-than operator. It shouldn't be
used if you're compiling for iOS since there are real instructions to
do the job.

If this is for a custom front-end, you're going to have to set the
triple and CPU features manually. You might get away with just setting
the triple to something like "thumbv7s-apple-ios7.0", at least for
initial experiments. But longer term, there are quite a few subtleties
you're likely to have to contend with.

Cheers.

Tim.