[LLVMdev] Conditions that cause Clang refuse inlining a function

David Sela sela.david at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 04:42:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

I want to have some functions in my code inline so I use the *inline *
keyword:

*inline void foo() {}*

On some functions the compiler inlines the function but it fails to do so
on other functions and thus I get a linkage error:

*error: undefined reference to 'foo'*

What are the conditions that make the compiler refuse inline?

Thanks,
David

p.s. I know that there are ways to pass compilation and let the compiler
decide if to inline like using *__attribute__((always_inline))* but I must
have the function inline.